Tuesday 5 November 2013

Experimental work- Sketches into practise- the bun...

I design a hair chart using a bun inspired by our practical lessons. This is a very modern hair style and so i wanted to use this as a basis for a design. I decided to add my contemporary elements by adding in accessories that were inspired by the 'golden age' and so i thought i would do this by adding feathers in the form of a head piece and pearls in which i could entwine into the bun using the same principle we used when entwining ribbon into plaits. After creating a low bun as the basis to my idea i decided that maybe adding texture to the top part of the hair may add more of an Elizabethan influence. I decided that i would use something different because i felt that this hair design wasn't manipulating my hair as best it could have, and so i went on to develop my designs.





The sketch:

The application:



No comments:

Post a Comment