Monday 21 October 2013

Hair studio- Practical - Week 2 the straight blowdry...

In the studio this week our aim was to create a straight blow dry that was polished with lift at the root to create volume.
The same as week one we had to follow out a consultation using the same format shown in my prior post. Once we had completed our consultation we took our models over to the basins and washed their hair using the same 5 steps I documented in my previous post: Practical - Week one wash and blast...

Step 1: BLAST: After I had washed the hair, I took my model back to the chair and sat her down and patted her hair through the towel. I then went on to find her parting which I should already be aware of from the consultation I did before the wash. After putting in the parting and combing through the hair, I went on to blast the water out the hair so it was no longer dripping wet. However when blasting the hair you have to do so until its a little wetter than what would be considered as damp.

Step 2: SECTION: Firstly I used a mousse/root booster throughout my models hair because she had thin hair that sat flatter to the head, if your model has dry hair you can use a serum. From here I sectioned the hair from behind the ear down the neck in a straight line on both sides so I had 3 large sections, the 2 sides and the back. I then clipped the sides out the way I proceeded to work on just the back section. I then section this from the underneath and left my self a small section at the bottom of the neck and clipped the rest out the way. I continued to section like this throughout.

Step 3: THE BLOWDRY: From here I used my large vented radial brush and the hair dryer to begin to lift the hair at the root and use the dryer to blow the hair from underneath and have the air going in the opposite direction to which the hair sits to add lift. Whilst doing this you can also move the brush slightly to manipulate the roots further but ensure not the tangle the hair as it can easily get tangled in these brushes. You must also try to use the top of the hair dryer to move the hair and reposition your brush rather than your fingers, it makes everything far less fiddly and doesn't ruin what your have done. Once the roots are completely dry you move onto the mid-lengths of the hair with the hair dryer against the brush with the hair in between working it straight, then move onto the ends when you do the same as you would with the mid-lengths. You continue this process throughout the whole head until you have finished all the sections. 

Step 4: POLISH IT UP: This is where you neaten it all up, brush the hair from around the crown backwards so it all falls better and make sure all areas of the hair are smoothed out and there isn't any fly aways. 

DONE!





No comments:

Post a Comment